The latest version of Splatoon 3, 3.0.0, was released by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch and is the biggest update for the game so far. The newest season and downloadable content for Splatoon 3 are now compatible with the current patch.
Inkopolis downloadable content is now playable in Splatoon 3 with the 3.0.0 release. After making a purchase, players can use the train station to get from Inkopolis to Splatsville. Splatoon 3 Fresh Season material is also compatible with the upgrade.
All sorts of new clothes, titles, and accessories are available in the Splatoon 3 Fresh Season store. Among these are a wide selection of new weaponry and more than 126 new products for the retail store’s existing product lines.
If you want to know about other games’ patch notes, you can do so by reading about them on our site:
- The Division 2 Season 11 Patch Notes: Information About New Manhunt, Weapons, and More.
- The Patch Notes for Wild Hearts Day One Update Have Been Revealed.
In addition, on March 1, players will have access to both new battle stages and online competition in Tableturf Battle. Further content upgrades are on the way for players.
Here you can find a list of all the changes that were implemented in Splatoon 3 Patch 3.0.0. The official support website for Nintendo has more in-depth patch notes.
Splatoon 3 Version 3.0.0 Patch Notes
Changes to DLC
- Added support for Inkopolis DLC.
- Players who have purchased the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass – Inkopolis & Side Order DLC can now travel between Inkopolis and Splatsville using the train station in the square.
- Inkopolis has the same shops and features as Splatsville.
- The shops in Inkopolis also have the same lineup of products as Splatsville. If you buy something in one location, it will be sold out for the day in both locations.
Season and Catalog Changes
- On March 1, 2023, data relating to Fresh Season 2023 will be added to the game. This includes:
- A new catalog, including new gear, titles, Splashtags, decorations, stickers, and emotes.
- A new gear brand, Z+F.
- About 126 new items were added to store product lineups.
- 2 new battle stages: Um’ami Ruins and Manta Maria.
- 2 new special weapons: Kraken Royale and Super Chump.
- 12 new sets of existing main weapons paired with different sub and special weapons.
- 23 new Tableturf Battle cards.
- Prizes can be obtained by trading fish scales at Grizzco.
- You can earn more Catalog Points than usual during the week before the end of the season thanks to a special Closeout Bonus.
Changes to the Notifications Feature
- Added the Pool feature.
- The Pool feature allows players to send and receive notifications with other players in the same Pool.
- Players can enter a phrase to join a Pool by opening the Lobby menu, selecting the Notifications tab, and pressing the + Button.
- For example, if you enter “Turf War Fans,” you’ll be able to send and receive notifications with players who have also entered “Turf War Fans,” and you will be able to join or drop in on each other’s games using notifications.
- While there isn’t a limit on how many people can join the same Pool, there may be cases in which notifications won’t be sent to all members if a large number of players are connected to the same Pool simultaneously.
- When you receive an invitation to play or a “Fresh!” notification, it will be displayed on the screen.
Changes to Salmon Run
- A new King Salmonid called Horrorboros may appear.
- Whether a Cohozuna or a Horrorboros appears will depend on the schedule at the time.
- Data relating to the upcoming Big Run event has been added.
- Data relating to the limited-time Eggstra Work event has been added.
- In Eggstra Work, players can assemble a group of two to four friends or members from the same Pool and then compete against other teams—all using the same job scenario—to collect as many Golden Eggs as possible during five waves.
- Both the initial hazard level and the job scenario for Eggstra Work are fixed, which means that every team will face off against the same Salmonids under the same conditions every time. However, if your team manages to exceed the Golden Eggs quota by enough, your hazard level will go up, making it possible to get a higher score.
- You will now be able to preview items when exchanging fish scales, similar to how you can preview items at Hotlantis, etc.
Changes to Connectivity
- Made it so that players will be notified when their connection is unstable. If the connection continues to be unstable, player controls will temporarily be disabled.
Changes to Splatfests
- Changed the amount of XP required to level up a Splatfest Tee. Splatfest Tees with more gear abilities will no longer require more XP to level up than those with fewer gear abilities.
Before After 0 Abilities 2,000 7,500 1 Ability 8,000 7,500 2 Abilities 14,000 7,500 3 Abilities 28,000 7,500
- Winners of 10x Battles, etc., will be announced during the Anarchy Splatcast.
- This announcement will display automatically when in the lobby. It is not related to the timing of stage changes that happen every two hours.
- Slightly adjusted ink colors during Tricolor Turf War battles when Color Lock is turned ON.
- When you win a 10x Battle, a notification will be sent to your friends and members from the same Pool.
Changes to Lockers
- Added a feature to store all items placed in your locker at once.
- Press the – (Minus) Button while editing your locker to use this feature.
Changes to Tableturf Battle
- It is now possible to play Tableturf Battle against friends and players in the same Pool.
- You can create a room for Tableturf Battle in the lobby.
- Up to 10 players can join a room for Tableturf Battle.
- If two players in the same room take a seat at the Tableturf Battle tables on the second floor of the lobby, a game between the two will commence.
- You can watch a game between two players by approaching them and pressing the A Button.
- You can also play with nearby friends via the same process at the Shoal. Up to eight players can join a room for Tableturf Battle at the Shoal.
- Increased responsiveness to quick inputs made on the Edit Deck screen.
Changes to the Lobby
- Added a jukebox to the lobby.
- You can use 100 cash to temporarily change the music playing in the lobby to a song of your choosing.
- You’ll gain more songs to choose from as you progress in the game.
- When using the jukebox in a Private Battle room, the music you choose will also play in the lobbies of other players in that room.
- Increased the number of badges that can be obtained based on player level.
- Increased the number of items on display in the gear shop at once to nine.
- Any titles, banners, decorations, badges, or emotes from previous catalogs that haven’t been obtained will now be available in the Shell-Out Machine.
- Increased the image quality on some screens in Photo Mode.
- Increased the amount of time before screen burn-in reduction activates in certain modes, such as while playing Story Mode or viewing replays.
- To improve the matchmaking efficiency in Open Anarchy Battles, teams will be disbanded and new players will be added if only a few current players select Keep Going.
- As before, when playing in a group with friends, the team will stay together regardless of the number of players remaining.