League of Legends Patch 13.1: Season 13 of League of Legends has arrived. After a brief break over the holidays, the developers at Riot Games are hard at work again with fortnightly patches to the constantly evolving League metagame.
Patch 13.1 kicks off the 2023 League season. The veteran fighter of the Summoner’s Rift, Jax, is getting a mid-scope update to modernize his ability kit and put him right back in the metagame, along with the usual champion changes and item adjustments.
Riot Games is also planning to roll out brand new variant skins in the first patch cycle of January, in addition to the gameplay adjustments. Everything you need to know about League Patch 13.1 is included here.
League of Legends Patch 13.1 Release Date
According to Riot’s release schedule, the first patch of 2023 will go live on Tuesday, January 10. As usual, the update will roll out gradually throughout the day, beginning in Australia at around 10 a.m. (AEDT). Here are the schedules for when major League servers will receive patches:
- 3am PT (NA)
- 5am GMT (EU West)
- 3am CET (EU North East)
- 8am KR (Korea)
Once the patch begins, there will be several hours of downtime. All League servers will turn off matchmaking and competitive queues three hours before the update goes live.
What’s coming in League patch 13.1?
New ranked season begins
Prepare yourselves for another year of toil, Summoners, as the next ranked season of the League will kick off on Tuesday, January 10. It will launch alongside Patch 13.1 on the servers.
In its current iteration, the ranked season will be split in half, with players competing in two distinct brackets rather than a single, continuous ranking system. Both of these divisions will receive promotions and additional benefits throughout the year.
Jax mid-scope coming in January
As promised earlier, the Riot Games development team has provided players with a release date for Jax’s (and Rell’s) mid-scope update.
According to Riot Phlox, the revamped version of Jax along with the rest of the 13.1 champion updates will be released on Tuesday, January 10 for Summoner’s Rift.
Four champions, four items up for buffs
It is a goal of the Riot Games development team for 2023 to increase mage itemization, and work on this new initiative begins in the very first update of the year.
Axiom Arc, Horizon Focus, Rod of Ages, and Winter’s Approach are all getting buffs, as confirmed by Riot Phlox on Twitter.
Four champions, including Shaco, who is receiving some attack damage love, will join the boosted items in the green column.
Yuumi, Aatrox lead planned nerfs
Riot Phlox, who tweeted a preview of the 13.1 patches for Season 13 of League of Legends, has revealed that the infamous floating cat Yuumi will be receiving nerfs in the upcoming season’s first update.
Pro-play power pick Aatrox, along with Dr. Mundo, Fiora, the new champion K’Sante, and many others, will join her on the chopping block.
- Lethality increased from 10 to 18.
- Ability power increased from 85 to 100.
Jak’Sho, The Protean
- Cost increased from 3,100 to 3,200.
- Resists increased from two per second, 15 percent total resists at max stacks to two per second, 20 percent total resists at max stacks.
Rod of Ages
- Health increased from 300 to 400.
- Eternity changed — Resources restored to proc move speed reduced from 250 to 200, move speed amount increased from 25 percent to 35 percent, several quality of life changes and bug fixes.
- Total cost increased from 2,600 to 3,000.
- Ability power increased from 60 to 80.
- Ability haste increased from zero to 10.
- Change — No longer grants Haste equal to 1.3 percent bonus mana, now grants ability power equal to 2.5 bonus mana.
- Empyrean passive removed, replaced with Lifeline, which grants a shield for 250 plus 20 percent current mana.
- Cost reduced from 2,700 to 2,600.
- Health increased from 350 to 400.
- Tenacity per Legend Stack reduced from 2.5 percent to 1.5 percent.
- To be announced!
Update Jan. 4, 5.21pm CT: Added detailed numbers to all champion buffs, nerfs, and changes per Riot Phlox preview on Twitter.
Update Jan. 4, 6.27pm CT: Added all preliminary item and rune changes.
Pleased to share my first effort for @HDminusworld with you all — a quick rundown of the first patch of the new League of Legends season, 13.1.
Been a while since I wrote game-focused content, but I’ll be doing more of it so feedback appreciated ✍️ https://t.co/rRNxBoLG2S
— Nick Geracie (@NickGeracie) January 3, 2023
League of Legends Patch 13.1
- Passive damage was reduced from 5-12 percent to 4-10 percent.
- E healing during R use reduced from 25/30/35/40/45 to 20/24/28/32/36.
- R move speed reduced from 60/80/100 percent to 50/65/80 percent.
- Base health was reduced from 653 to 613.
- AR growth reduced from 4.2 to 3.7.
- Bonus E attack damage reduced from 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 percent of max health to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 percent of max health.
- Passive damage was reduced from three plus 4.5 percent per 100 bonus attack damage to three plus four percent per 100 bonus attack damage.
- Q damage reduced from 95/100/105/110/115 percent of bonus attack damage to 90/95/100/105/110 percent of bonus attack damage.
- Attack damage increased from 54 to 57.
- mW damage per tick increased from 25/40/55/70/85/100 to 35/50/65/80/95/110.
- mQ damage increased from 55/100/145/190/235/280 to 65/115/165/215/265/315.
Some buffs and nerfs coming to the first patch of the year, 13.1 👊 pic.twitter.com/Q5TopP7C7k
— League of Legends // UK, IE & Nordics (@LoLUKN) January 5, 2023
- The base move speed was reduced from 335 to 330.
- Passive damage was reduced from 10-25 to 5-20.
- Minimum W damage reduced from 4.25/4.5/4.75/5/5.25 percent of target’s max health to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 percent of target’s max. health.
- Maximum physical damage reduced from 8.25/8.5/8.75/9/9.25 percent of target’s maximum health to 7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8 percent of target’s maximum health.
- Base health increased from 104 to 110.
- Q slow increased from 16/19/22/25/28 percent to 20/24/28/32/36 percent.
- W cooldown reduced from 14/13/12/11/10 to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.
- Planned changes pulled from the patch.
- Attack damage reduced from 56 to 53.
- Base health reduced from 634 to 614.
- W percent bonus resists now amplifies flat resists from W.
- W armor reduced from 40 to 25.
- Perc. armor reduced from 60/70/80/90/100 percent to 40/55/70/85/100 percent.
- Q mana cost reduced from to 60 to 40, backstab crit damage increased from 30 percent to 40 percent.
- E attack damage ratio increased from 75 percent to 80 percent.
- Base health increased from 615 to 655.
- Max Q damage increased from 70/135/200/265/330 to 90/155/220/285/350.
- Q cooldown reduced from six seconds to 6/5.75/5.5/5.25/5 seconds.
- Base attack speed increased from 0.625 to 0.658.
- Attack speed ratio increased from 0.625 to 0.658.
- Q damage reduced from 50/90/130/170/210/250 to 50/80/110/140/170/200, empowered damage reduced from 60/110/160/210/260/310 to 60/100/140/180/220/260.
- Attack damage growth reduced from 1.5 to 1.3.
- Q damage reduced from 15/18/21/24/27 to 15/17/19/21/23.
- Q ability power ratio removed (was 60 percent).
- E damage reduced from 55-155 physical damage (with +50 percent bonus AD) to 55-175 + 4 percent max health (with +100 percent AP) magic damage. E ability damage bonus per attack dodged changed from 20 percent of total damage to 20 percent of base damage.
- R (Passive) reduced from 100/140/180 (+70 percent AP) to 100-150 (+60 percent AP). New VFX and SFX relating to this passive ability added.
- New R (Active) ability added: Now deals magic damage, 150-350 (100 percent AP), in a sweeping arc. If a champion is hit, Jax gains 10-40 (+0.1 bonus AD) armor and magic resist. He also gains 14-22 (+0.1 Bonus AD) armor and magic resist per champion hit for eight seconds. During those eight seconds, passive damage applies every second attack instead of every third attack.
Please keep visiting Techballad.com for updates. Keep our site bookmarked so you can quickly return to check for new content. Like Rockay City Heist