Season 16 of Apex Legends, dubbed “Revelry,” is on its way, and players have a lot to look forward to, such as a new mode that brings back some fan favorites.
There is no new Legend to acquire in the Revelry season of Apex Legends, unlike in prior years. But don’t take that to mean there’s nothing to look forward to. Apex is celebrating its fourth year in business, so the celebration is sure to be exciting. Below, we’ve detailed not only when but also how you may get Apex Legends Season 16 during Revelry.
Apex Legends Season 16 Release Date and Time
On Tuesday, February 14th, Apex Legends Season 16 will be made available, confirmed by Euro Gamer. While Respawn has yet to announce when the next season will arrive, we can infer from the timeframe of past seasons that the new season will also arrive around the same time.
Season 16 of Apex Legends is scheduled to drop between these dates and times:
- UK: 6pm (GMT)
- Europe: 7pm (CEST)
- East Coast US: 1pm (EDT)
- West Coast US: 10am (PDT)
In the past, we have also discussed the release dates of other games; you may view them below.
- Is Wolverine PS5 Release Date Out?
- Is Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass Release Date Coming Out?
- Is Hogwarts Legacy Release Date Revealed Out?
What to Expect From Apex Legends Revelry?
For starters, we already established that there will not be a new Legend this year. But there’s a solid explanation for that, and it’s all due to the fact that the entire concept of social classes has been rethought.
Starting on the 14th of February, all Legends will be placed into one of the five new classes instead of the ones they are now in. Listed below are some of the criteria that go into assigning a Legend to one of the tiers:
- Assault Legends use their skills to surprise and overwhelm their opponents in combat.
- A Skirmisher is a Legend who possesses exceptional combat mobility and escape skills, which they can employ to either avoid harm or gain an advantageous position in a fight.
- Recon Legends are those who can gather information about their opponents and track them down.
- Legends of the Controller archetype can manipulate the battlefield to suit their own purposes by controlling the positions of allies and foes alike.
- There are now defensive Legends in the Support category, so it’s not only about helping out the team.
Goodbye Arenas, Hello Mixtape
The 3v3 Arenas option will be removed from Apex once Revelry launches. There will be a brief interlude in Team Deathmatch before the brand-new Mixtape mode is introduced.
You can expect to see TDM, Gun Run, and Control as part of the upcoming Mixtape mode’s three player mode rotation. Three weeks following the debut of the first season is when you may finally witness Mixtape in action.
In addition to the new class structure, some of the old Legends have had their stats adjusted with buffs and nerfs. Now, anyone within earshot of Seer can listen to his or her heartbeat via the sensor.
Introducing Bloodhound’s new passive ability! White Ravens may be found all over the maps, and when Bloodhound sees one, he knows that there are adversaries around. When the Ravens are scanned, it can reveal the location of an opposing unit. You can lead an unsuspecting squad right to yourself if you team up the White Raven with Bloodhound’s ultimate ability.
Horizon’s precision slows down during Gravity Lift, however the speed of the lift has been increased slightly to make up for this. In addition, the time it takes for Lifeline’s care package to drop has been significantly reduced, meaning you can get your hands on some top-tier items much sooner.
Also receiving a substantial update is the Legend Mirage, who will be well-received by those of you who enjoy playing as the holographic trickster. When you use your Mirage ability to revive a friend, both of you will stay invisibly concealed and defenceless for three seconds. As soon as you draw your weapon, the disguise will fall apart. To add insult to injury, shooting a Mirage clone will allow you to follow the befuddled foe for a brief while.
More significant additions and improvements
There’s a new battle pass with a tonne of new content to gather, and one of the Legendary Skins is a Heartbeat Harmonizer for Valkyrie. In brief, the following are some of the other highlights of the next release:
- The Party Boat is returning to all Battle Royale Maps! How? We don’t really know either but it’s back!
- A brand new Energy Assault Rifle, the Nemesis Burst AR.
- Anniversary Collection Event.
- Golden Shotgun Bolts have been added.
- Hemlok Burst AR is in the crate now.
- Volt SMG and Longbow DMR are both in the crafter.
- Shotguns are being buffed.
- Assault Rifle hip fire is being nerfed.
- R-301 Carbine Damage is being reduced from 14 to 13.
- Ranked map rotation is every 24 hours.
- Firing Range has been given a revamp.
Join us on Twitter to receive a daily summary of all the new content on our site.