40000 Darktide: After a month since its release, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide received yet another patch this week to fix some issues players have been having.
Even though this update is technically a hotfix because it isn’t numbered as a full update, it still has a relatively comprehensive list of changes, including improved ray tracing support, crash fixes, and more.
Hotfix 1.0.21 was released on Wednesday, so if your Steam client is configured to download patches automatically, you should have it by now. Below, courtesy of the news post featured within the game’s Steam page, are the patch notes.
Stability & Performance
- Added AMD Raytracing support in the launcher settings.
- The launcher should now auto-detect high-performance GPUs on laptops by default.
- I added connection time-out to prevent infinite loops when resetting settings.
- It fixed some crashes that could occur on some users when booting up the launcher.
- We fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when browsing through store items.
- It resolved a crash that could occur in rare circumstances while using the tagging system.
- I have fixed other various unspecifiable crashes and bugs.
- VALORANT Best Phantom Skins Are Listed Below!
- Which Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game, and Stuff Packs Should You Buy?
- Fixed localization issues on some cosmetics.
- Removed player outlines as they weren’t functioning as intended. They will make a return in the future.
- Added ability to reset keybindings when the game starts.
Warhammer 40000 Darktide Not Launching, How To Fix Warhammer 40000 … – Latest News https://t.co/eZF01seRob
— 𝗛𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗹 (@Sec_Cyber) December 21, 2022
- We fixed a bug where there was a delay between push action and regular attacks on the Achlys Mk I Power Maul.
- Scriptures and Grimoires are now available in Comms-Plex 154/2f.
- I fixed an issue in the Psykhanium where slow motion remained active.
- Reverted Forcestaff VFX to an earlier version.
As indicated by the name of this hotfix, the game’s gotten several updates since its November release.
Rejects! Wanna win this Machine Spirit-blessed @FractalDesignNA computer case?
— Warhammer 40K: Darktide (@Darktide40K) December 23, 2022
There’s no public roadmap to hint at what’s to come and timeframes for future updates, so players have hotfixes and more extensive updates like these to look forward to until more is shared.